Weddings Gifted supports the Marie Curie led National Day of Reflection 23 March 2022
Remember Those We Have Lost
Weddings Gifted will be showing their support for the National Day of Reflection on Wednesday 23 March by inviting their customers to observe the national minute’s silence at 12pm.
Led by end-of-life charity Marie Curie, the National Day of Reflection is a day to reflect on the lives of the people who have died during the last two years and support the millions of people who are grieving. Whether from Covid or any other cause.
Since the first lockdown began in 2020, millions of people across the UK have been bereaved. All our communities have felt the impact of this tragic loss of life.
Last year the first National Day of Reflection saw widespread support and connected the nation in grief in the first event of its kind.
To take part this year, people are encouraged to visit mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection and join one or more activities on the day:
- Observe a minute’s silence at midday, wearing your Marie Curie daffodil pin
- Shine a light at 8pm, or display flowers in your window
- Visit a Wall of Reflection or remember a loved one in your own way – an interactive online map at mariecurie.org/dayofreflection will display a UK wide network of Walls of Reflection where people can go to remember the loved ones they have lost and where the local community can come together to support those who are grieving.
- Join one of seven online Marie Curie organised talks and panel discussions, see mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection for more details.
- Prominent buildings and landmarks will light up yellow at night to mark the occasion. Last year, over 100 lit up – from Smeaton’s Tower in Plymouth, Devon to Ness Bridge in Inverness, Scotland.
To find out more about the National Day of Reflection and how to get involved visit mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection
The Marie Curie Support Line can help if you, or someone you care about is grieving. Call 0800 090 2309 to speak to a trained Support Line Officer or visit Mariecurie.org.uk/support to get ongoing support from a bereavement volunteer.
About Marie Curie
Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity. The charity provides essential frontline nursing and hospice care for people with any terminal illness, a free support line and a wealth of information and support on all aspects of dying, death and bereavement. It is the largest charity funder of palliative and end of life care research in the UK. Marie Curie is committed to sharing its expertise to improve quality of care and ensuring that everyone has a good end of life experience. Marie Curie is calling for recognition and sustainable funding of end of life care and bereavement support.
Marie Curie’s annual flagship fundraising appeal, the Great Daffodil Appeal is taking place throughout March. The money raised helps to support the charity’s nurses, doctors, and hospice staff so they can continue working on the frontline giving expert care to people at the end of life, and their families. For more information on how to fundraise or donate, visit: mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil.
The National Day of Reflection on 23 March 2022 is a day to connect, supporting the millions of people bereaved during the pandemic and remembering the people we’ve lost. Join the minute’s silence at midday and find out more ways you can get involved at mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection
Please note we are ‘Marie Curie’ (not ‘Marie Curie Cancer Care’)